Tuesday, February 21, 2012

can it be that it was all so simple then

1992ish
1992 as history. The blink of an eye or twenty long years, one of the two.

I hope you watched
 last night on PBS, if not , you can with the above link.

I don't think there is any real need to recap my feelings for this man, this couple.. I was in, hook, line and sinker. Twenty years or the blink of an eye, and the difference in mindset was gradual but gamechanging. How we, how I, access information is so very different, so there for, the world is. It just was a simpler time, or a less noisy time.
The second part is tonight, a wonderful way to see in Lent.

I did stop myself  a few minutes in from a  running narration of every single face in ever single crowd to spare Neil and Koda. [ Mandy Grunwald!, Bill Nigut!!, Socks the cat, oh my! ] It was just all so overly personal for me, a failing on my part for sure. " He really does not love you as much as you love him, Kyle.. I mean, sure he is fond of you and all, but he is every body's President " 
I think you have to be a soon to be 50, overly sensitive, overly read - gay, Southern, over the top political junky to understand this. It was twelve years of wilderness, with folks that looked and sounded just like you, high as a kite in their love of Saint Reagan, and you the turd in the punch bowl. The Clintons and Gores were a breath of pure fresh YOUNG air.....easy to forget , or over look now. Parts of this documentary  are almost Greek to watch, we know what is going to happen, and are helpless to shape or change, anything.

Here is a little blast from your past.....


Wow - I almost went all personal and honest about some things here on the k+b...  Nostalgia will do that to you...SEE!, the Clintons ARE dangerous! Back space and delete... we are all safe.
One thing that you could not get away from last night is the pure visceral hate , un-filtered, unapologetic hatred of Bill and Hillary Clinton that was pervasive in the 90's and its red headed step child  is alive and well today.
The same folks that loathed the Clintons , loathe the Obamas. I started to write that its worse now. It's not, it just has a louder mouth piece in Fox News and right wing web sites. I mean, Bill and Hillary were accused of being murderers , to their faces. Murderers and drug runners.... Everything horrible that could be lauded on them, was. President Obama is an easier target, he is after all a Kenyan born Muslim after all
Class was a huge , NEVER talked about , part of the Clinton madness. The man went to Georgetown, OXFORD and Yale, but was still seen in many many eyes as white trash from Arkansas. Hillary was a Seven Sister grad from wonderbread Park Ridge, Illinois, but was guilty by association.
One thing that is for sure, the GOP hate machine is much better at getting their message out than the Democrats. George Bush II was hated by the left, for sure, but never to the physical and personal level that either Clinton or Obama is or was.


2 comments:

b said...

heh heh. you said turd.

b said...

You're going to make me cry...you're missing Clinton, but I'm missing "brought to you by Rich's" and "Incumbent U.S. Senator Wyche Fowler."

Pre-HOPE, pre-Shirley, Democrats holding their own in statewide races, Ross Perot … and Kyle and Dickie in Atlanta before it was the ATL. It seems ages ago, really.

I do have to say that I enjoy Nigut more in his role at ADL than at WSB.

Did you catch those “Gay and Lesbian Vote? signs at the Dem party?

Thanks for sharing this!