Sunday, February 12, 2012

HAPPY VALENTINES NEIL

Some say it with chocolate, some with flowers. 
I have even done it with a roast chicken, but this year I took my sweetie to
 SIX HOURS OF GERMAN OPERA!


Götterdämmerung

The fourth and final opera of Wagner's Ring Cycle,( which Neil has sat through all of , several times ) this one has it all! Sex, oaths, swords, magic dwarfs, flying horses. Yes, the end of Kill the Rabbit....

Hojotoho! Heiaha


You know me and the Wanker know less than nothing at all about high opera, but it really is made very easy with subtitles and you are sitting in a movie theater, not a zillion dollar Met seat. I really get caught up in this.. I would not say start off with a six hour one but, if these are broadcast in your area, do yourself a big favor , do a little bit of research, find a good starter Opera and go see one.
No, I have not shaved this year.
Yes, I know, I look like a homeless Gorton's Fisherman.

No comments: