Saturday, June 1, 2013

Iris-palooza '13 : The Aftermath

The good news about today was that ALL the worlds problems are solved - you knew something was going on . The bad news was that there was NO BEER left in North America. So, until they make some more, y'all just had to do with out for one or two days.....

 It really was a beautiful afternoon for the party, BUT the sun was just at that late afternoon angle that sort of messed up most of the photos that I took.
  
 Neil's flowers looked great, but a very warm afternoon
 This is what most of my pics of the party looked like...
 beverage table. 
Arnold Palmer
beer( LOTS ) / wine ( LOTS ) 
Neil kept making pitchers of Pimms Cup...
 My food choices were a bit limited, due to the heat
AND
I did not really have  clue how many people were coming.'
There was more than this and I kept re-stocking ( till I started getting a little tipsy) Big tray of sweets, Chicken Satay w/ peanut sauce - no pics..
People ate EVERYTHING....
 Neil wants a garden party - I gave him TEA SANDWICHES!
Which again, I did do some restocking, but people would have eaten 1000
of these--
  • curried chicken salad ( that was very good, I need to try and remember what exactly I did  )
  • cucumber ( seriously )
  • Grilled Eggplant and Roasted Red Pepper w/ a basil and garlic mayo


 Gardening Super Stars showed up!
Giant Baby showed up
HFBFF and Jane showed up - lucky for me , these two stayed!

It was a very nice party, with a good turn out. 
I do believe everyone was pleased.

No comments: