Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Dinner


 Had some folks over for supper tonight, and I was finishing up getting ready , I went into the dining room as the sun hit the yard fresh flowers at just the right moment.



 Koda had a old chewy - we had Princess Goldfish

Chicken Florentine Casserole
Salad


This is the same Winder Casserole that I made last week, I bought enough stuff for two, other than the chicken, not knowing how much it would make. But the original calls for canned green beans, which I am just not a big fan of, so I swapped out three boxes of frozen spinach. Just the little ones - it takes three to get enough thawed and drained spinach

Chicken and  Rice Casserole
With green beans

3 cups cooked chicken ( diced – small) about 3 extra large breasts

1 can cream of chicken soup

1 can cream of celery soup

1 small jar pimentos ( drained)

2 cans Frence  style green beans ( regular size cans) Drained
3 small boxes of frozen spinach thawed - I just cooked it , heated it really in with the sautéed onions

1 medium onion sautéed - I added a couple cloves of garlic as well

1 cup grated sharp cheddar cheese 

½ cup mayonnaise

½ cup sour cream

1 can water chestnuts chopped and drained

1 box Uncle Ben’s Long grain and wild rice cooked according to directions on box

1 sleeve Ritz Crackers – crushed

1 stick butter

This just makes the whole meal too rich, so just go with a french fried onion at the end of baking. I made this a couple of hours in advance and just reheated , which it does lovely. A very easy dish if you have to take something somewhere - I thought we would have enough so I would not have to cook tomorrow, but these folks just inhaled this .

Mix all ingredients together  except crackers and butter.  Put in 9 x 13” casserole dish.  Mix crackers and melted butter and spread on top of casserole.


Cook 350 degrees for 30 minutes or until bubbly.

No comments: