Tuesday, April 28, 2015

Thats the way it is



I didn't have the tv on yesterday - not sure what I was doing . I came upstairs , sat down and clicked it on around four - and stayed glued the rest of the night, " this again", makes me a horrible person , check.
 " SOMETHING has to be done " , shouted the masses into the wind - for what the 5000th time. This burning city just cements what ever your opinion was of the other times we watched. The reasons/ fixes are too much for our little blog, so lets deal with what we are good at : TELEVISION, and the fall of the American Empire.

I think my tv is just on MSNBC when it comes on - it is what is my background noise all day long - but on days like this they are just intolerable . As things were getting started , before the CVS was set on fire - the talking heads on afternoon MSNBC were saying the pre rioters were just " kids up to some hi jinx" or some paraphrase of that - condescending to every party concerned , and then onto how horrible you / I should feel for not being a downtrodden inter city African American.  Note to programming - the time to dig into root causes and the after math of Emmit Till ( really someone went there ) is NOT as the city is flames - maybe in the cool smokey light of day.

 As the excuses and gilt flew, I went up one channel to the root of all evil FOX NEWS. I have said this before and Ill day it again , Shepard Smith has got some deep low down dirt on Rodger Alies. That horrible , bottom of any barrel show THE FIVE was on - and they are sitting around in their hoods shouting burn baby burn and the constant BE AFRAID OF BLACK PEOPLE schtick - cutting to Mr Smith for the BREAKING NEWS!!!  - and he just gave back truth  to the flat earth set on that show , giving the best studio reporting of any I saw that day. I will look for some video of it. This got to be too much after a bit and we settled on CNN for the night.

SHOCK! real reporting on an event with out a point of view - what the hell. Real journalists on the ground at great risk for a story. MSMNC and FOX were only going with the local Baltimore feed from a helicopter. Just some amazing/tragic television, some fool cutting a fire hose on live tv- bottles rocks thrown at reporters. I dont watch much CNN - it is too gimmicky - but may switch over.

What little I saw of the news tonight post PBS was just more of the same - Chris Hayes being all hip and down with the brothas on the street ( at one point the Pride of Brown did say CHILL BRA ' tonight )  and Fox just telling the folks to just stop being black and poor - and you know, old folks BE AFRAID.





No comments: