Wednesday, April 8, 2015

SUNDAY NIGHT


( ON WEDNESDAY )

So, good Sunday night tv is back ! Hampered a little bit by Easter this past Sunday, so we watched in later in the week. Well, I watched Mad Men Sunday night - and we watched the others on Monday, but I wanted to re watch, so I did not write about anything till now -

This really is the only tv I watch all week, which may be sad, I'm not sure, I mean other than news and house hunters ...


CALL THE MIDWIFE


Back for season 4 with all sorts of new faces - some leave, looks like others will be coming back, who knows- it is still a bang up good show. Guaranteed to make you puddle up a little bit. A tiny bit difficult to get the faces all in order from last year, but it came back quickly. I'm going to go out on a limb and say the best of the three for this night only.


MAD MEN


The end is near - six weeks away. After stringing us along all these years. The weird long break that came from battling AMC, till this lame split final season thing - we are at last going to find out if Don jumps out the window. Biggest news of this show was IT IS NO LONGER THE 60's! It's April of 1970- everyone could tell , at least the ones in the know, who then told us, that the Nixon speech was then.

From the iconic early 60's man in the grey flannel suit to early 70's dandys - easily the ugliest mens fashion ever was, and the start of women's just being all over the place. Close to nothing happened in this first hour, which form all I read was by design - having us come in to the shallow water before dropping us of, I hope.

It was a good show - but if Don is going to be cool with his past, and pretty much some weird alcoholic sex fiend then .... why do we want to watch ? Not like we won't till the bitter end, just needs to give us more than a tableau of 1970 NYC. 


WOLF HALL


I really enjoyed this and can only see it getting better, but if you know nothing of English history, and even I had to go back and read some refreshers, it would be a little hard to figure o ut.. Im sure it will get easier

AND starting this coming Sunday add GAME OF THRONES to the mix - dont know if we will just stay up late or watch some on Monday, I bet they all three come on starting at 10 and running all night. 

No comments: