Tuesday, January 19, 2016

Day Two



So this is going to be the norm. Day one had visits with Doctors, making sure Neil was fine, lots of questions... dotting I's, crossing T's.

Today we left the house at 3:15 for the 4 o'clock appointment. No weather issues at all today. Got to Highland, got a parking place, make the seven mile trip from the lobby to the radiation wing, 3:50 on the dot. " Come on back, Mr. Houghton". We are the last appointment of the day, and so there is no fooling around.

I deal with coats and hats, settle down to read my book, get in two or three juicy pages and blink - Neil is back out in the waiting area....

Now I got this book at Christmas, and have really been looking forward to reading it, but saved it so I would have something to do while I spent all this time in the hospital. But there is not going to be all this time at the hospital. Yesterday was setting up the machines to Neil's specs and from now on it is very much a wham bam thank you man - go home and glow.

It really does take just as long to park and get to the office as it does for the treatment. And so it goes ....

No comments: