Tuesday, January 12, 2016

THE SQUALL

Had to go out and about today , run a few errands - bank, asian market etc - and I had been reading lake effect squalls all morning - BUT they never make it this far east from Lake Erie. There can be 4 feet of snow 15 miles from us and we will have a dusting. Sure enough as I drove off I could see the dark clouds just on the horizon. Gosh I thought, those folks are getting hit hard 
Went in my first stop - not a flake to be found, and I was in there all of 10 min - Walmart for some printer paper - paid and walked out to a wall of white. Could not even see my car. Sat there in the parking lot for a while - no way to drive in a white out. Then was going to try to make the rest of my stops ( I was really craving THIS soup ) Very scary driving , so I made it to Dahn's to wait it out.
Got there and was a little bit shaken - so I just hung out there for a bit then stopped by her Wegmans ( where HAMS were on sale .99 cents a pound! ) then home. The snow was over in less than half an hour and the roads were for the most part clean when I left her house. But saw several wrecks on the way home.


No snow at home this morning - none at all - and in that short amount of time we got a couple of inches.


Koda was very happy.








No comments: