Monday, June 27, 2016

dinner

It has just been very strongly hot and dry the last week or so , still cool at night, but the days are just stretching into dog day territory very quickly. The slow passing of yellow days coming too soon this year, and the lack of rain is really starting to become an issue.

Even with all that , I just could not eat one more burger or grilled anything on a well crafted salad. I needed cooking and spice. The BBC Food page on Facebook came to my rescue yesterday.



 From the BBC 
Aloo dum is possibly the most common vegetable curry in India. It’s almost like chips with everything here, aloo dum with everything there. It’s either easy to make or hard, depending on what you want to do with it. If I was describing it to somebody I’d just say boil potatoes, fry them with garam masala, add some tomato, chilli, turmeric and salt and it’s done; then, if you like, throw in frozen peas just before the end

 This is a vegan dish, but I added some cubed up chicken breasts. It hit the spot exactly, but in the end was a mistake as it just made the kitchen super hot. 


No comments: