Saturday, October 6, 2012

LAWRENCE OF ARABIA


Neil and I did the special showing of Lawrence of Arabia yesterday. The first time, I think , I have ever seen the entire movie in one sitting. David Lean's masterwork ABSOLUTELY transported me. Walking back out into the cold sunlight of Upstate New York was a bit of a shock.

Some scenes in this film are just pure art, and seeing it on the big screen lets his work BE what it is supposed to be. The entire experience was just -amazing, a most over used word, but so fitting here.

My most ugly American came out full as I had to google so many facts during the intermission of the film...WWI in the Middle East - who knew!

 Again, if this series of films comes to your area - I cant remember what its called - do yourself the favor of going!!

No comments: