Saturday, November 17, 2012

the lingering smell of curry....

Did a big Indian dinner over at Dahn and David's tonight, not really sure for how many, too much food.. I tried to get the Yankees to take to go plates.

 These were so pretty, some pal of Dahn made them.
They were , I think, Smore Cup Cakes. 
 So, I have learned so much about cooking Indian food this year from Roja - but this was my first time doing such a large dinner on my own.

 Chicken Tikka Masala 
Veggie Curry 
w/coconut 
Aloo Gobi made in the oven -
chic pea, cucumber and tomato salad
rice
Naan
 VERY proud of this rice!
I had never done it before, cooked in the OVEN, 
a great way to do rice for a crowd. Just leave out the spices and veggies
if not doing Indian.
 Gulab Jamun!!
which I ate too many of...
I did not make these or the naan
All the cool people were hanging out in the kitchen...

No comments: