Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Shutdown



Totally broke all my personal rules today and just got in all sorts of fights on facebook today. " All white males in Georgia wanting something is not the same as the entire country wanting something ", that kind of morning. I do not understand why these people are against other people trying to get health insurance. That is what its about -
I shied away from political posting , well shied away since November, but was all out today. So, Shutdown primer, day three ?

From Joan Walsh from Salon


From Andrew Sullivan
( who has just been on fire! )

and and oldie but a goodie
From TPM Livewire 
( with Audio )


This last one, Cruz's dad and the age old GOP warhorse , the Kenyan Muslim , brought this response from a young local guy here: WHY DOES THAT MATTER ????? All in caps with that many question marks. Now , I have no idea of this guys political leanings - dont really know him that well, but this was my response:
 "It matters because it goes to the mind set of the man who just shut down the government. It matters because the right will take any means necessary to de-legitimize the duly elected President. It matters because your young northern ears don't hear the same dog whistles that my middle aged southern ones hear. It matters because it is not true."

I dont know how much of this yall are reading - I will just link to these as long as this goes on. I have some personal theories that we can go into some morning as well.

No comments: