Thursday, October 17, 2013

I love the smell of ear marks in the morning....





A little OLD SCHOOL politics last night ! As that dooms day clock ticked towards midnight and Damocles sword hanging over the entire worlds economy - Senator Harry Reid hopped into the way back machine and pulled out a truck load of cash for his partner across the aisle , Mitch McConnell.
Kentucky's second favorite son was famous for decrying the evilness of earmarks back in 2010 - when the GOP in the Senate led the charge to do away with  the system that greased the tracks of government - but given the chance , and looking down the barrel of a hard fought election, Senator McConnell was MORE than happy to run up that National Debt with a little drop in the bucket of THREE BILLION DOLLARS for a damn dam back home.

The Omstead Lock and Dam
This is how things were done back , pre tea party crazies , when the Senate worked. You scratched my back, I scratch yours, the folks back home get a great big jobs project - the country at large gets some MUCH needed infrastructure work done, I look damn good cutting that ribbon. Vote for me, I get things done . I am a big fan.

So well done, Senator McConnell, selling your soul to that new monied crowd could only last so long. Welcome back to the big spending Government trough!


No comments: