Monday, October 7, 2013

Kyle + Andy Warhol





I don't think yall could tell, other than by the amount of real comments that were left on the post, but our little art project hit the big time, for one brief shining moment this week. My post on Dalan and Brandon's wedding went a tiny bit viral.
Yeah - I had a bit to do with it, but not much, I mean other than doing the writing. JoeMyGod ( with a hat tip from me ) picked it up. I was not expecting a direct link but just the story - but no, there is was for all the gays to see : my food fixation, along with a wedding.

Joe was just the first, Towleroad picked it up from Joe, again a direct link - and things just exploded from there. Just all kind of odd websites - some just taking everything I had written and posting it as their own. Not that I really care - it is why I did it, but I sort of try not to do that - I am pretty good about sourcing and quoting.
And after the 100+ x the amount of traffic on Saturday, it has calmed down but is still 4-5 times the amount of traffic that dinner and Koda bring in. It will go away, and it will just be back to you and me on here - but for a while......

No comments: