Tuesday, October 1, 2013

SHUT IT DOWN !!

So for the first time in 17 years, the folks in DC are just asking for the last guy out to get the lights.


I have been watching this slow train wreck off and on all day long - in and out. Reading some - I'm just not in a space right now where I want to deal with the total wack-a-doodle right , the tail that is so wagging the dog.

I have not been that political on here lately - I think I just feel like I , and not just me, EVERYONE was so burned out by online and facebook squabbles that I just retreated. Everyone knows my views anyway.

But, I came across something this afternoon that I just can not shake. Its from someone , again, on FB - that was just an acquaintance 30+ years ago at UGA. I knew her then boyfriend , not long time husband , she posted a photo of me ( a group shot ) and we ended up as never having chatted friends.

It is sadly STILL shocking to me , that people that I think are like me - or at least at one time looked like me - have turned out to be these tea party right wing crazy types. Still - all these years into this . But she posted this :

Dear House please send Ibama I mean Obana I mean Obama a message. The office of presidency is an honor not a TV or TV nite show opportunity. Show the respect you talk about to the American people.

Like I said, I do not know this woman from Eve - but to me , this just boils EVERYTHING that has happened today and really for the last few years down to its most pure. Demanding that the House " send the POTUS a message" and demanding RESPECT - when not even having the decency to type out his name. See, he is not the real President - there is NO WAY that we would elect this man twice.....( and you know he is colored )

This - all of this adult silliness - just wears me out - I'm going to bed. More later.... ( the non political hiatus is over  )

No comments: