Thursday, January 9, 2014

Dinner


The other day my mother posted a recipe on facebook for Chicken and Dumpling Casserole. Sounded good - but could not find it this morning, so I just googled and found another one, which turns out, is even a little bit easier than the one I was looking for ( and later found )
Now, I love chicken and dumplings, but just like corn bread, I cant make them. S.C. BFF Jim tried to hold my hand and walk me through the process, but there are just too many steps and I gave up.... So this is a good second.




  • Chicken and Dumpling Casserole
  • Cranberry Sauce
  • Carrots w/ a suggestion of cardamom
  • Little Salad
Chicken and Dumpling Casserole
  • 1/2 a stick of butter
  • 3 - 4 Cups of  Chopped/ Picked Chicken.  I just used an entire rotisserie chicken, picked clean. You can use anything at all - poach some breasts, roast a whole one - very forgiving.
  • One small onion
  • 1/4 cup of diced carrots ( add celery if you have some , I did not )
  • 1 cup self rising flour
  • 1 cup of milk
  • 2 cups of chicken stock
  • 1 can of Campbell's original condensed cream of chicken soup ( you can not use low fat )
Pure Winder for sure, but like I said, It was good!

  1. Dice your onion and carrots and saute for a bit in just a little bit of oil, I added a little bit of Italian Seasoning
  2. Melt your butter and pour into a 9x13 pan
  3. Layer your chicken on top of the butter
  4. put your veggies on top of the chicken
  5. MIX the flour and milk very well, and slowly pour over the chicken and veggies
  6. MIX the two cups of stock and the can of soup and pour that , slowly over the whole thing...
Bake 50 min in a pre heated 400ยบ oven - Maybe more, maybe less....do not add any salt anywhere, there is plenty in the soup and stock. 

It looks like a liquid mess going in, but it does bake well....

No comments: