Thursday, January 30, 2014

In defense of my home town.....



" A few inches of snow ".... but that is not , at least from what I am reading/hearing - is not what it was. It was a good coating of hard slippery ice. Which if it were on the roads here would been just as much of a head ache. Add into the mix that Atlanta and all Southerners are just not used to this sort of thing the epic traffic jam that happened was just inevitable. Hindsight being 20/20 , yes - school should have been called off for the day, but let's factor in some tiger mom outrage if no snow had come. Other than that, the Governor and Mayor being blamed for private businesses all letting out at the same time is ridiculous.

I've been reading a lot about how Atlanta should have pre treated the roads which is something I don't think even happens here in Lower Ontario. I could be wrong, but we never see the trucks out before it starts snowing.... I'm not exactly sure what they would do... snow or ice falling on salt or sand is still going to be salt or ice.... and no one can drive on ice.

No comments: