Monday, January 20, 2014

The Horror : Day One


I'm not kidding when I tell you that the task of repairing my computer was global today. Folks from all over the planet weighing in on how to fix it, with the general response being , " damn, your computer is old !".  We thought we had a way in , only to be told " ouch! " when my Apple pal in Dubai heard that , other than being really old, I have a third party non mac keyboard, which caused him to just give up.
Wonderful Neil came up with a great plan this afternoon, only to be shot down by the computer itself. One more trick up our sleeves tomorrow with a little help from more local pals. I will keep y'all posted. You think I would have had many more hours today - what with not being able to be online and all - but I'm not there yet. Full on Keebler- Ross 1 : denial. Yes, I sat here and looked at a blank screen today. ( That is not really true - everything is still ON the computer, I just can't access the web to access the pics and music etc.)  It did not " crash" - its a long story. Either way its broke.
SCBFF Jim had to update me on TLo today. I missed all those gifs about it being the pot bowl coming up, and Chubs McJersey keeps on tumbling down with out my knowledge ( I am getting news from TELEVISION! how very 2009! )

Neil is now lost in Dexter-land on Netflix, so I get his for a bit, I will keep y'all posted.


No comments: