Thursday, February 20, 2014

The much to fast good bye



I did not come on board until the early 90's , I'm sure not until the PBS series was announced - but fell in love then and there, and came back often. 28 Barbary Lane was by now, full of old friends, and in this book Mr. Maupin lets us, and him, say good bye.
I wish it had been much longer, it took me only a few solid hours to read - and now they are all just in all of our heads from here on out. It is not perfect - no, it was not what I wanted it to be, the last of the series. But its not my book. Lives are what they are , and as off track as he sometimes get, these are Armistead Maupin's people, not ours. I wanted a Disney ending -all the surviving family together-  the fog rolls in off the bay, fade to black, but people change. San Francisco is not what it was in 1976 - places change. Very nice to have been able to spend a little more time with you all.

No comments: