Sunday, November 30, 2014

MOVEABLE FEAST II


The Never Ending Story

Today it was some of Neil's garden club

I have to admit, I did sort of phone this one in, I was tired after three days of cooking and eating.
 We went shopping last night - I should have gone earlier, because I did not have a list. Knowing I was going to do a ham , I needed to get a real Coke ( or in my case, I use Dr. Pepper ) and some Pineapple rings - both of which I forgot. I was not going back to the store, so I used what I had on hand, ginger beer. It was not really as good, not cooking down like the combo Dr Pepper/ Pineapple juice. The rendered liquid was good, but it did not seem to permeate the ham.
 Non white plates, there is a shocker - needed a placemat or charger - something.

  •  Ham
  • Wild Rice
  • Brussles Sprouts  ( yes, I had ones we did not cook for Thursday )
  • Field Peas ( was going to be Winder Mac n Cheese but I just ran out of time )
Thats it, told you I phoned this one in. Some pre game snacks - and this.



These were tasty, started with some rough chopped onion and carrot, cooked that down, then a little water - add sprouts, and some extra olive oil. When the water evaporates they cook in the oil. Hit with some apple cider at the end.

Our good pal Betty brought dessert , one she knows I love. Sort of a mash of cake and custard, cream and candy bits... YUM.


No comments: