Friday, November 28, 2014

THANKSGIVING 2014 : 7 Dogs, 4 Davids, 2 Turkeys and Us.

Started off with a cold snowy morning here in Mendon


Before heading over to Dahn and David's for the big day. Eleven people and seven dogs - 
what could go wrong ?
I set the table the day before, no way I could get it done with all those people milling about. Some cloth that Dahn brought back from Africa as a runner and just a neutral linen tablecloth, actually two to get it long enough. There is an extra place if someone did not make it out of town due to the weather, but she did - we kept the place for Elijah.
White square plates and gold for the napkins and the candles, picking up the color in the fabric. Turkey shaped dishes for cranberry sauce.
One good thing about the snow, all of the outside is your cooler. Pre game drinks were little cava / cranberry sparkles. I guess I did not get a pic, really just a mimosa with cranberry and a slice of lime instead of orange juice. But a good choice to the start of a long day of drinking.
One of the seven dogs! Tobie helps Lily put out some snacks
Another view - the light was weird in the room for photographs - so bright outside due to the snow.
The best of the seven dogs! 
Koda had a very good day.
A bought Wegmans white cake- really you could not make as yummy a cake at home and it it , I bet cheaper to just buy it - I made little candy acorns to sort of make it more special.
David and his fried turkey!
( Neil and I were the only two boys there not named David )
A couple more dogs and another David.
I don't put enough people on the k+b- 
So : Lily, Myrte, Dahn and Neil.

THE FOOD

Dahn and David made a turkey, Dahn made dressing and gravy, I did the rest. 
  • Roasted Turkey
  • Fried Turkey
  • Classic Southern Dressing
  • Gravy
  • Brussels Sprouts with red onion and bacon
  • Curried Rice Salad
  • David Dean's cranberry relish
  • Sweet Potatoes with Maple and Orange - nixed the nut topping there are some allergies
  • Mashed Potatoes
  • Pride of Winder Mac-n-Cheese
  • Green Beans with pumpkin oil and pumpkin seeds
  • dinner rolls




Neil's Plate
My  Plate
This is baby 7 ( look at his head to see where he got his name ) he and Koda were big pals - I was needing me a baby by the end of the night.

Some neighbors came over for dessert so we had many. I made the apple pie that had seen better days due to a double cooking.

I went a very good pecan pie and the apple w/ cinnamon ice cream

WE GOT A GROUP SHOT! 
Koda as star!

Baby Seven was tuckered out!

No comments: