Saturday, March 7, 2015

MIND BLOWN


I Voluntarily Went to a High School Musical .


And that is not the mind blowing part!

I was thinking , and I bet the last time I was in a high school was my last day at Winder Barrow High School, really. Loads and Loads of times in elementary schools, husband being a teacher, and to do other things, but never a high school, and lets just say that TIMES HAVE CHANGED!

Dahn and David's daughter was in the Fairport High School Production of 
Les Miserables

High schools doing freaking Les Mis - you know , the one that is running on Broadway RIGHT NOW.


 First off this space was just freaking amazing. Yes, I am from a small small town, or what was a small small town, and this is a rich suburb of Rochester New York - but this theater space was huge.
Seats like 1000! A very professional production, over 50 kids in the production and an orchestra that you will never ever again see on Broadway due to the money, had to have been at least 50 kids and teachers, it sounded just amazing.

The talent that these leading children had was just jaw dropping, this is a very hard show to do and to the man / woman they pulled it off. It is a cut down school edition, but still - all the major songs are there. ( along with the prostitutes, something else that would have never gone over in early 80's Barrow County ). I dont know if this is some sort of regional magnet program for the arts or if this school just lucked out and got these kids, but I was just , VERY surprisingly amazed.

No comments: