Sunday, March 22, 2015

STUMBLE



The last non tv Sunday night , with things starting up again in a week, had me just driving up and down the dial looking ( something that makes Neil bonkers ) when BOOM! " Welcome to a two and a half hour documentary on R.E.M. . VH1 - who the heck new that in 2015 we had VH1 ? I do think I remember  when this came on on MTV - it was in the papers and folks on Facebook were talking about it, but I never could remember to watch it , or goodness knows find MTV.

The film is through MTV - which sort of grew up with REM, although I certainly do not remember any Wolves Lower competing  with the top 10 at the time. A very good film, really digging into the vaults and letting the boys tell their own story - sure a little more of the post Athens only years at the beginning , but they were not on MTV at the time.

Just sort of flooded me with memories. Music does that to me - puts me in an exact spot, triggers very specific place/setting memories. I guess it does that for everyone. I moved along chronologically with the band.


Want to feel old - for those of you who this will even matter to : Bill Berry left REM almost 20 years ago. Yeah - we are getting up there.

Unlike most , I stuck in there, enjoying the last five records very much. I have no idea when this will be replayed of if it will be, I honestly did just stumble on it. Maybe its online. But it is well worth the search.




No comments: