Saturday, May 16, 2009

Savannah would be better for ya. You'd just get in trouble in Atlanta.


Savannah, that most hospitable of all Southern cities, welcomed none other than Republican Spokes puppet, Michael  Steele to her fair shores today.
Hope he enjoyed the ho cakes and collards at Miss Paula's!

While there, Mr. Steele took a brand new swipe at GAY MARRIAGE. " It's bad for business!!!"


(from HUFFPO ) SAVANNAH, Ga. — Republicans can reach a broader base by recasting gay marriage as an issue that could dent pocketbooks as small businesses spend more on health care and other benefits, GOP Chairman Michael Steele said Saturday.

Steele said that was just an example of how the party can retool its message to appeal to young voters and minorities without sacrificing core conservative principles. Steele said he used the argument weeks ago while chatting on a flight with a college student who described herself as fiscally conservative but socially liberal on issues like gay marriage.

"Now all of a sudden I've got someone who wasn't a spouse before, that I had no responsibility for, who is now getting claimed as a spouse that I now have financial responsibility for," Steele told Republicans at the state convention in traditionally conservative Georgia. "So how do I pay for that? Who pays for that? You just cost me money."


Not so fast there, Snoop Doggie Do. I am way ahead of you on this one.

Mr. Small Business man sitting there and now thinking, "well hiring gays and lesbians will cost me lost of money, cause I will have to pay for their spouses..... but, ( he thinks on, scratching his head) Gays and Lesbians can't get married. Hmmm."
( with LIGHT BULB over head he thinks out loud) 
" HEY!, now wait just a minute here... If I only hire GAY and LESBIAN employees, then I wont have to pay ANY spousal benefits!  DAMN, I will save an Elephant's poop load full of money on this one"

The next day at the Savannah Widget Company:
NOTICE TO STAFF, Effective immediately, all NON GAY Employees will be fired. Sorry.

Good try , Mr. Steele, but this ain't my first time at the rodeo.

1 comment:

b said...

And if the company only employed gays and lesbians, HR would have to fund far fewer pricey births , ear infections and vasectomies. I'm just sayin' . . . I hope I can still pass as lesbian when big business figures this out.