Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Clown College

get used to seeing this icon


It's a good thing I don't have high blood pressure.

I sat through a good 95% of tonight's Charlie Rose GOP debate. The only good thing to come out of it was how much they candidates HATED having to sit in Charlie's wooden chair, hands on or under the table.
Mitt Romney won, but mostly by default. Herman " 999 " Cain, did not lose any of his voters, and may even gain some ground, because (P)Rick Perry was HORRIBLE. The rest were supporting players at best, wallpaper at worst.

I am not a novice at this, really. If only from the amount of political topics that I read or watch, I know more than the average Joe on the street. I am in deep, and in a non partisan way, I see no way that the GOP in all of its post 9-11 swagger can chose Mitt " any way the wind blows" Romney , UNLESS

  • A : The whole tea party thing was a non event. All the take back our government , death panel laden , Obama is a Kenyan Marxist crap from the last two years has not mattered.
  • The last THIRTY years of the religious right being the only moving force within the GOP has also been a joke. Abortions and gay marriage for everyone. Romney is on video tape swearing he will " out gay Ted Kennedy". Yes, that was then this is now, but who the hell knows the way the wind will blow later on for him.
From Andrew Sullivan tonight : " Huntsman I can understand and appreciate. Perry is an empty bad suit. Romney lies with such facility it unnerves me. Bachmann is a fanatic, as, although I am extremely fond of him, is Ron Paul. Santorum just seems like a lost child from the 1950s, trying to have the campaign he dreamed about when he was ten. Cain is an egomaniac businessman with a talk show host patter and a mild wit. Gingrich is a giant, gaseous asshole."


One thing I do know is that Obama derangement syndrome is strong enough to get these folks to vote for ... anyone, so who knows. Ohio/Florida.. Ohio/Florida ...

update :  The crazies ( Malkin and Red State etc )  HATE ( red meanie passion ) Mitt Romney. I will not link to them... its enough that my eyes are tainted for the night. So who the hell knows what is going to happen here....

No comments: