Monday, November 17, 2008

Neil Houghton , TV STAR

The local ABC affiliate here in town wanted to interview us this morning about the rally over the weekend. I chickened out , but Neil stepped up to the plate and did a fantastic job. I'll try and post the clip when I can. It was pretty darn cool.
That was my first TV newsroom.. and , umm... it was sort of a pit. NO Mary, No Lou, No Ted. Just sort of a big junky bull pen of a room with water stained ceiling tiles. A mini producer showed us to a table where we were to wait, in the big bull pen room, so , we did. The web master of the station came over and took some info, all very low key. Saw a few of the local tv talent as they came and went. 
We were shown into the surprisingly small studio where they were they do their news shows. Cute girl/cute guy anchor team were very friendly. They finished the story before, and cut away. Neil was put on the little side stage where very nice cute guy anchor came over, went over the questions. He just brought his lap top with him... I guess that is how they do it all. Neil was very adroit, and the whole interview was positive. It was great to have some follow up to the weekends events. I hope it is all over the country. All in all a most pleasant experience, and I guess Neil is now the go to gay guy for WHAM-TV. 
The bad part is my camera did not work!, was out of power. I feed you , my many , many (many!) loyal readers a steady diet of dog-with-stick and footballmania! but when something very exciting happens I am picture-less. 

No comments: