Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Vote, Baby, Vote....






 Let's start with a thank you to Jennifer and B.Day for sending the me exact e-mail that I needed first thing this morning. I watched way to much FOX News yesterday, and worked myself into more of a tizzie than I would normally be in. ( I watch fox JUST to watch them have to say good things about Democrats... as in Obama Wins....) 
We are having a nice late August day here in Upstate New York, high 70's , bright sunny. NO EXCUSE for not voting. But , up here in the wilds of almost Canada, you can not sling a dead elephant and not hit a polling place, we have to drive by one place to get to ours. Walk in, say hello to the old folks minding the place, tell your name, they look... you sign in.... then go into the booth.
When I first started voting at the Lions Club in Winder, we got huge pieces of paper and pencils - In Midtown Atlanta it was punch cards, up here its the lever things. I have to say I liked being handed the big piece of paper by Colleen Williams .. making that X , folding it up and getting cookies....I am sure they have gone on to something more high tech by now....
Now we wait.... Champagne and Fireworks in Mendon !

2 comments:

Laura said...

I dropped my youngest off at pre-school at 8:55am, drove across the street, voted by touch screen and was pulling out of the parking lot of the polling place at 9:10am. Now we wait...

b said...

what kind of funky old machine is that? I love our touch screens. Even if there is someone with with a pitchfork and a tinfoil hat inside.