Monday, April 25, 2011

Honey Mango Pie

Dessert Fail

It looked good on paper, or at least on the website. 
  • Graham Cracker Crust ( this is a really good graham cracker crust, I was weak and just bought one, but if I do ever make one, I will use this recipe)
  • four mangoes
  • one can sweetened condensed milk
  • three eggs
  • 1/2 cup honey
  • 1/4 tsp ground cardamom
  • 1Tbl vanilla
Just chuck it all into the food processor.... really. Easy peasy. Then into a 350 oven for an hour. Seriously, doesn't that sound good ?

 My Mise en place
 Neil has this old circa 1979 
mack daddy of a cuisinart.
It could eat an oak tree.
 It takes a bit of time.
 There was a little extra filling, so I just
baked a little pudding
 It puffs up, the eggs and all
 It was just an odd texture and WAY too sweet. IF I make it again, I will leave out the honey, and add the zest and juice of one lime, and more cardamom, some ginger.. more spice.
We had a Wegmans white cake as well , which was a good thing.

No comments: