Thursday, December 31, 2015

Dinner

A Forest Gump New Years

We were at our neighbors party before Christmas and one of her other guests brought a huge bowl of really yummy shrimp. I had just been complaining about the quality of shrimp that we are getting these days - I wanted to make something, I can't remember what I had just read something about how horrible farmed shrimp are for so many reasons. I did find some that were not Asian, but still farmed raised. I thought the key was hitting Wegmans on a certain day - like yesterday when they did have wild caught Gulf shrimp. But, they were huge, like a U -10, four or five to a pound, which would not suit what I needed,,
ANYWAY - I found out at this party that the ones I liked so much were the pre cooked JUMBO Wegmans frozen shrimp, which I got a 2# bag yesterday.

 Great in a traditional shrimp cocktail

But because they were cooked and then reheated , even for the briefest of time - they were a little rubbery in the shrimp and grits.

No comments: