Wednesday, December 16, 2015

My First Cookie Swap

The very first one of these I had ever been to!  and turns out I did it wrong.... but had fun baking and a very nice time at the party.

  • Pretty basic and tasty. I made them because I had all the ingredients and thought maybe the cut out cookies were not good.


  • Very interesting flavor - not a sweet cookie at all, really nice buttery texture . You really need to like Cardamom - which I do, very much. But, I bet these could be made with any spice at all - if you really love Nutmeg or Allspice or something. Pretty easy to do, just refrigerate the dough for a couple of hours before the rolling. Makes A LOT.



  • These are easy peasy and on the back of the candy package . The only thing here is make them small - the directions say make 1 inch balls and to make 48, but in order to get 48 you need to make them smaller than an inch. They look prettier when smaller as well



  • At first I did not think these had a good flavor, but I was eating a batch that I burned, they are good - very light in flavor, I would bump up the zest and the cranberries if I ever make them again.



Daily Koda
Our pals lovely home
you know I was coveting this table cloth!
Warm Apple Cider Punch 
w/ carmel vodka!
( I did not get the recipe but this was damn good - will be making this sometime )
A very nice Christmas Tree with actual lead tinsel! Which they have been reusing since year what ever...

There were holiday themed snacks!
We played party games!  I lost this one...Neil won it.
So here is the deal with a cookie swap. Everyone makes a lot of one - and you get a tray, which you get to take home with you! and go around and take a few of each cookie. I baked a lot of 4 different ones which sort of threw off the ratio - and made the other party guests think that I was being a show dog. But, I here is the thing, this is the only time that I will bake cookies for Christmas. I take some to our neighbors etc, so I needed to make more than one.

There was a very nice selection all of which were delicious!

No comments: