Friday, December 25, 2015

Christmas Night

 Let's start off Christmas with a me and Gaia selfie ....
and a white christmas cocktail or two .
 I was doing pretty well, and for me that was a big deal.

I held it all pretty much together, the over all pressure that I have always felt
 during the Holiday season, not being in Atlanta/Winder, doing my best to make sure Neil's was happy and bright , the things I always do. We had been pretty darn busy that helped - but Friday around noon it just all caught up to me and I started circling the drain.

Dahn and David graciously asked us over for Christmas dinner - I had to take eggs and a salad, something you think would have been easy, shopped the day before, but just could not get ahead of the ticking Santa clock.

We got there to the amazing sight and smell of David D's Christmas gift to us all , a giant perfectly marinated and cooked standing rib roast - that was just Christmas in a roasting tray!

In my haste  of the day I had forgotten that I had said I would do the table ( pressure level mounting )

Now, as good as I am at this, they just do not happen, ever. It takes trial runs and redo's, lists and planning. I had 15 minutes, with only the items in this house. Most of my holiday things are at my house. This really could be a new gay game show.

RED! 

Ok we have red , the mainstay of Christmas lets move on. It is too short, no need to panic, we have white. Getting the ball rolling. Christmas napkins - a few dozen sitting in Mendon, the only green ones there were olive - when what to my wondering eyes should appear but these black ones. Not your first choice for a Christmas table but work with me here. It is a SANTA THEMED TABLE - if I had been given five more minutes it would have had a belt buckle. I was all the pleased to have totally pulled this one out of my hat
Again, probably 100 ( sadly not kidding ) Christmas themed place card holders at my house - but when it doubt some good old fashion scotch tape and some small Christmas balls and you have place cards. Hack up  a poinsettia and you have a center piece . When I was almost done Rachel pops in with these PERFECT for my theme Crackers that they dont as a rule use for their meal - AND THEY WERE RED AND BLACK.


I really liked it - different yet festive. Ho, Ho, Ho -
The salad turned out to be a bit of a group effort but got it done. The meat was carved into just massive slabs which we all , save the one vegetarian , dove into like Cave Men after the hunt.
The hats did make me feel at home. 




The crackers came with little whistles that were all in different keys, and a impromptu Do Re Mi broke out that I did not get on camera, even thought I thought I was!

dessert

No comments: