Tuesday, October 18, 2016

dinner


Pork Chop
the size of your head

Green Beans

Roasted Farm Stand Butternut Squash
with red onion and sage

Wild and not wild rice

I had to go to Costco to get gas today, and ran in to get a few things - seeing these pork chops, 12 of them. I was in a hurry and just tossed them in the buggy. Not realizing that the white Styrofoam tray they were in was curved like a bowl. When I got home to cook them I realized they were just HUGE, the thickest pork chops I have ever cooked. Two plus inches...

I seared them in a hot lined pan then put them on some veggies with a little stock , and did 45 min at 350ยบ covered in foil.

Virginia, the priest of St John's asked me last night if I would take dinner to a family where the guy is not doing so well, and of course I said yes. But either I did not ask or I assumed ( you know...) that it was only for two people and it was not, four I think.  This is what I took them, same dinner that we had, and I took A LOT... but only two of these huge chops, and I would have done four. But goodness they are big enough for two.



No comments: