Sunday, June 1, 2008

The Agony and the Ecstasy.... with baseball, and Asian BBQ Chicken

  1. the EMT's and Neil
  2. the always wonderful Terry and Kevin
  3. more ice!  more ice!
  4. Jack checks in on the Neil, retired and STILL making those pastoral calls!
  5. Parker checks in on Neil.. cute as the day is long and STILL making those calls!
  6. Neil and Drew
  7. Redwings win!
  8. my back yard
  9. asian bbq chicken
  10. Neil and Drew , two





















"Buy me some peanuts and cracker jack".....
To paraphrase the Great Pooh : " I am a bear of very simple needs" .. and this weekend, like a large pot of free honey, was a little bit overwhelming!

 As someone who does not really do the emotion thing, Saturdays ceremony was complex. I don't believe in 99.9% of the things that most of the folks there in the Eastman Theater believe in, and the whole trinity thing is high on my list of hooey. But, when that chanting started: :" venti, sancte, spiritus...venti, sancte, spiritus".. and in mass, those folks laid hands on Bishop Singh,- real human to human connection ( whether it is apostolic or not, who gives a fuzzy rats patootie), - something came into that place. I , for one, think it was the collective good will , and most warm wishes of everyone present. If others want to believe it was the holy spirit, some mythical ghost, then good for them, " po-tate-to/pah-tah-toe" , goodness was done. No matter who's name it was done in
But it was still church!
SO!  I was looking so forward to some good old fashion red meat, all american BASEBALL to clear my mind today! Warm sunny June 1st day, some good cold draught beer, a bobble head, my good pal Drew, and the Redwings! I just forgot to add Neil and the EMT's to that list!
 Neil took a HORRIBLE fall down the cement steps of the stadium.  In the first five min of being there, the poor EMT's had not even come into the building yet!  VERY banged up!.. lots of blood. They wanted him to leave the park in an ambulance  , straight to the hospital for x-rays, BUT , it was Neil's School Day.. so we stayed... In the end, he felt ok.. just bloody and scrapped. We will go see our regular doctor this morning
  It was a great game , the REDWINGS won, beat the hated Yankees, and the rain held off, all in all, other than the involvement of emergency personal , it was a good day.
Came home and did some Asian BBQ chicken, for Neil and Drew. I am very ready to get back to my healthy way of  non exciting living!  No Presiding Bishops, No large groups, No thinking my husband broke his neck... a little c-span in the mornings, a long dry walk with my dog, some newspapers online .
 " I am a bear of very simple needs"

1 comment:

Craig said...

Oh no! Poor guy...

If its any consolation, he was in good hands. Andrew's a buddy of mine!