Sunday, June 22, 2008

The Best-Laid Plans....





Sudden Summer thunderstorms, lost cameras, and just plain NOT being ready at the ungodly hour of 6:30, just did not matter. Everyone had a lovely time, really. It sort of turned into an outside party, which I had not planned on, but the house was full as well. There were lots of people here!
In my running around getting ready I put my camera somewhere that I now can't find, so I had to use Neil's which is all fancy, so , I hope these pics can upload. Not that it really matters, like I tend to do, there are LOTS of pics of Carl and Koda. 
As to the eternal question, I do not know if there is any beer left in the little keg ( it was YUMMY beer) . I did my best.

I am having some trouble posting the pics, so I'll post them all to the web and give the link here. Those spots on the table cloth were not so visible in the room! The food was :
  • really good for indoor cooked BBQ. ( buns, pickles and sauce)
  • slaw
  • chips
  • veggies - fruit- cheese
  • brie with chutney,( Major Grey's) which came right out of the jar, and people just inhaled it!
  • Low Country Boil, which people also just went crazy over. Next time I will NOT use the locally grown fingerling potatoes, the purple ones did look a little bit like Pookie turds.
  • Tomato Salad with that beautiful basil
  • Pesto Pasta Salad with roasted garlic and grilled summer squash
Desserts ( which I made all from scratch) were:
  • Brownies
  • Blondies
  • banana pudding
  • almond orange shortbread
  • graham's nutty balls

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

omigaaaaaaaaaaah