Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Movie Monday Tuesday


It's still all rainy up here so it was a movie day. There are so many out there that we want to see, but the time and place dictated that we see WALL-E today. 
How very cute it was, there has been TONS written about how it's all preachy and "unamerican????" and all, I just thought it was a very cute Pixar Movie. Yeah, the humans are all fat and won't hang up the damn cell phone, but , ummmmmm....
Stay though at least half the credits if you go see it, they are fun to watch.
Next on the movie list is "JOURNEY TO THE CENTER OF THE EARTH" in spectacular three -D! Glasses and all! I've only seen two other three - D movies. One was ( really) Andy Warhol's Frankenstein at the Alps theater in like 1979. Kyle , Thad and Angela being all artsy.. I'm guessing that Porky's was sold out. Still want to see Batman and Indiana Jones. 
BUT: This Friday, its the release of the remake of BRIDESHEAD REVISITED. Thirteen hours of some of the best television ever made ( or 368 pages of somewhat flowery prose) cut down to 100 minutes! What could they have been thinking. Gone with the Wind , the musical JUST bombed on the West End. Wuthering Heights has never been successfully remade, WHY would they try this?
I'd like to be cool enough to say I was glued to Masterpiece Theater in 1982 and watched the whole show from the beginning as it was shown in the US, but I came across it later. I do remember one Superbowl Sunday, when Steve and I were living on Monroe Drive  - ( 1990/1991??) -  Channel 30 started at like 8:00 AM and went ALL the way through. It was the best Superbowl EVER. Yes, in the end you get all bogged down with who Jesus loved the most and how dreadful life really is between the wars for Catholics living in Britain, but that is all so so far past those PERFECT early hours, of the two boys at Oxford . It was just .. dreamy. I loved it then, I love it now. Really, as close to perfect as TV has ever been. ( Someone, [steve] was poser enough to spend like 300$ on a stupid steiff bear! way before he met me!)
I'll see the movie and tell you all what I think, I am not thinking it will be good.

No comments: