Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Really Big Batman


So, this new BATMAN movie is, they say, well on its way to beating TITANIC as the biggest money making movie , ever. We chucked in out part to the pile yesterday, but it still has a long way to go to get to 1, 800, 000, 000 . ( that is A BILLION, eight hundred million !)
What did I think... 
Well, its a Batman movie, neat cars and gadgets and a lot of stuff blows up. Part of what I guess is pushing the hype is HEATH LEDGER's Joker. He is a wonderful actor and his Joker is way way convincing. It is creepy, the whole clown thing creeps me out anyway, and they soooo know that there are lot's of folks out there with the coulrophobia, they use it well. His performance is cutting edge creepy, but not as scary as I thought it would be. Its like when I, at last saw, The EXORCIST many many years after it had first come on, and was just not all that scared by it, because NOTHING could live up to that hype. Unlike the very first HALLOWEEN, which I knew nothing about going on and all but peed on my self , its the not knowing. ( I will not go into my reaction to BLAIR WITCH, because in the end that was just really embarrassing for me and for Mark. But lets face it , he and I could over analyze pretty much anything at all to death)
But , back to my review of the movie.. what is it called anyway.. I just said " Batman", but it is called THE DARK KNIGHT. 100% the winner was IMAX!  WOW, Its like you are seeing your very first movie ever... so big, so clear, so crisp,.. can not say enough good things about seeing any movie in this format. I am going to start a letter writing campaign
  to get OUT OF AFRICA put in  IMAX... GIANT PINK FLAMINGOS!
Is DARK KNIGHT the greatest movie ever? No. It's not even my favorite Batman movie ( that would be the last one) I don't think it was as good as IRON MAN. I've never ever been a huge Batman fan... and really never been a fan of the JOKER as a character. I've always been like , "just freaking shoot the guy , get it over with , and go have a nice dinner"... but, I tend to be a little more black and white than most. 
If this is the type of movie you like , go see it! If you can, go see it in IMAX. I for one don't think that Jack and Rose have anything to fear from Bruce, or his giant Imaxed eye mole thingy.

No comments: