Friday, March 20, 2009

Movie Round-up


One there and one here.
Pretty sure , well a little sure, that I was not the target audience, cause, it was just all a little lost on me.  I didn't hate it, well, I didn't hate all of it.. hated a lot of it. Loved the fact that some poor sch'mo had to sit and do giant CGI blue penis for day after day after day.. I found that a little amusing. I liked the back story.. HATED THE VIOLENCE... I mean, what will the end of this sort of thing be, in all seriousness.... if they just have to keep topping themselves over and over.. what will the end be. I know it was not a romantic comedy.. and it was a dark dark comic book movie and all... but, again, what will the end of this be? Parts of it I did like.. could have lived with out seeing it.. won't ever rent it.
Was totally the target audience. Love it, thought it was a little bit too long, ..but really love it. Very Altman-esque. ( TULIPS DEAD ?!?) I was surprised to read that there was a script, but I really bet it was just guide lines. Has that sort of post modern hand held camera thing that sometimes drives me crazy ( MILK) but here really adds to the story, because the entire movie is one wedding weekend.
On that topic, movies and tv NEVER get weddings right. Weddings are a mess, family and friends that have sooo much back story and history and such that the whole things are complex! Film weddings are clean cut, with only the principals there.. no parents, or grandparents or step parents or drunk cousins or bad dates. This one really gets all that and MUCH MUCH more... Very interesting music... some surprise Robyn Hitchcock. 
If you like a sort of free form flowing movie , watch this. I would have LOVED to have been at this wedding.. and the food looked good too...

No comments: