Monday, May 31, 2010

All The Single Haters......


The new Rorschach test is out folks... and everyone is seeing knives !

I , despite the beautiful weather, went and saw Sex and the City II this afternoon, and I liked it just fine. Carrie whines about Big and the four girls wear pretty cloths. Hello... it got us through 94 episodes of the tv series, why are people now expecting Chekhov ?

It all started when the New York Times guy decide that he just hated it more than ... well anything out side of hot coals and his private parts. News flash! Middle age straight white guy didn't like Sex and the City. Big shock there... moving on. But really, it's so much that people are not liking it, they are taking great glee in not liking it. " Look! See , I told you it was all silly bullshit.. now feel bad about everything like you should" Everybody becomes a raving Calvinist!

BUT, this morning... sadly, the fashion Gods of the k+b, THE PROJECTRUNGAY BOYS let lose with a tirade, that was just a little bit shy of taking a cab down to SJP's lovely West Village townhouse and bitch slapping her. Jeeze Louise, lighten up a bit fellows. You know... everyone back in the day just KNEW they were the real Carrie Bradshaw. They even mock this in the movie for a bit. And now, Miss Carrie is Mrs. Preston, That Carrie necklace nowhere to be seen, and perhaps everyone is just a little bit left behind. Dahn and I drug Neil to see the first one, and he hated almost enough to again, get in the car and drive to the West Village. She and I loved it. I would not go see a Transformer movie, or some slasher flick.. If you don't like Sex and the City, don't go see the movie?

My pal Jodi Dean ( had to use the last name, or yall would have thought that JJBSP learned some really big words! ) wrote a nice long piece on " Why I liked SATCII ", she gets a little bit deeper than I will, or can. Hey, I was there for the shoes.....

There are some funny lines, and some of it is a little big cringe inducing, but that was there in the tv show as well. As for the Liza parts... you live with that much millage, and move at all.. then get back to me. If I can find some fashion stills.. ( with out the boys, it will be all but impossible) we might do some chatting.. some hits, some misses. But enjoyable.

No comments: