Sunday, May 2, 2010

Don't you understand Kyle, IT"S for America....


Greetings from the front lines of the wrath of G_d.
The second tier of things blooming has exploded, and these are the big guns... I feel like crap. I was not on the facebook all day long today, so when I did sign on late tonight, I got this. I had posted on my faceybook a comment on what a lot of people were posting, well, I can just post what I did post:


Kyle Crawford :I am SO with all of yall posting the " if you chanted drill baby drill, get your star spangled ass to the gulf coast". This is going to be the tipping point folks.

I got this in response:


Kyle, you know how I love animals, Actually did a Science Fair Project in the 8th grade before the EPA went into effect--this project involved the need for this government legislation. However, do you want to be dependent on the Middle East and OPEC for oil. I don't. Iran gets pissed enough, they will blockage the entire gulf over there, and our prices will go through the roof. Their President is a nut case who wants to blow up half the world, so yeah, he might just decide to blockage. There are 9 US Naval Carriers sitting outside Iran in International Waters to stop this action if if ever started.
Anyway........
The current oil spill in our gulf is horrible, there are no words to describe the awful things it has caused and will cause for some time. But,we are going to have to drill, and laws will have to go in place to avoid as many mishaps as possible. Extreme care and respect to the environment will have to be first priority. (What if the settlers stop trying to go out West, because Indians killed them trying to go there?--All things worth having have a challenge and a price. What if Airplanes or aviation never took flight, because the first airplane took several times to get it right to fly) I could what if all day. Bottom Line....We need to be a self producing oil nation. Alternative energies are not enough to keep our country going. And, I don't speak Arabic, Dari, or Pershaw, and I do not wish to ever learn.

Speechless... I am , for now, speechless. This is a girl that I went to high school with, she is a couple of years older than me, and we did party some together, but I have not seen her in at least 25 years.

SO, I am feeling like pretty much death warmed over, so , loyal k+b readers, help me out on this one. Some of yall tell me what you would say to her.

I will be back at full fighting strength in a couple of days.

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

I think I'd probably start by pointing out that this well lacked the self-capping mechanism that European countries require on their offshore wells, and the reason it lacked that feature was that Dick Cheney was in charge of our "energy" (helping oil company) policy for 8 years and decided that his pals shouldn't have to go to the extra expense of installing said devices...which typically cost about 1/2 of 1% of the total cost of building a rig and drilling a well. But hey, there are winners and losers in everything, right? And in this case, saving BP a million dollars or so was worth the tradeoff of destroying the livelihoods of thousands of people along the Gulf Coast...destroying the oyster beds and shrimping grounds...probably turning Florida's famous "white sand" beaches gooey and black...because BP only made $60 billion in profits last quarter and that extra mill or so it would have cost to put a safeguard in place was worth more to BP than the combined incomes of everyone along the Gulf who makes their living from fishing or tourism, which I'm pretty sure probably amounts to many billions. I guess it sucks to be them - they should have had a friend in the White House, amirite?

Don't think I'd get into the math stuff with her (how much oil we have left vs. how long it would last if we got it all out of the ground today) because the Palinistas aren't real good with numbers and don't really care for them anyway, because they don't lie. Things that don't lie aren't real popular with such types, because they get in the way of them believing whatever the hell they WANT to believe.

GrammyM said...

I like what Jennifer said. And I would add that oil or fossil fuel is not our only option. Let's put money toward developing alternative fuels and engines that can run with them. The oil companies have "owned America" for far too long!

b said...

Repeat after me: Facebook is never, ever the place for politics.