Thursday, January 27, 2011

David Kato



This is a MUCH larger story than I can come close to doing any justice here on my little play blog. David Kato was a gay rights activist in Uganda, and he was beaten to death with  hammers in his own home yesterday afternoon. This has DEEP  connections with in the American hard core evangelical community.... almost a 5th column within our country and government that want Christian " sharia" law instated here, with roots that go far into the Republican/tea party....


Rachel Maddow  ( google THE FAMILY ) has also done some great coverage of this story. Way too much to read and take in all at once, especially if this is a brand new story for you, and I really was going to let it go with out comment, because , like I said, it's just too much for me. EXCEPT for this  :

A tiny big of back story, a group of American Christians went to Uganda to fire the country up to hate gays more than they already did.... " God is Love and all" , one of the ones that went was this ass wipe David Schmierer who is one of the heads of the the main ex gay groups... Schmierer goes to Africa, starts a firestorm of hate.... the leading gay rights advocate gets beaten to death with hammers by a group of people , and this vile human comes out with this statement today: ( story from JMG )
 " On Thursday, Don Schmierer, one of the American evangelicals who visited in Uganda in 2009, said Mr. Kato’s death was “horrible.” “Naturally, I don’t want anyone killed but I don’t feel I had anything to do with that,” said Mr. Schmierer, who added that in Uganda he had focused on parenting skills. He also said that he had been a target of threats himself, recently receiving more than 600 hate mails related to his visit. “I spoke to help people,” he said, “and I’m getting bludgeoned from one end to the other.”
As Gay rights advance in the United States, and  American Christianists become more and more entrenched in keeping me a second class citizen, it is become harder for me not to paint ALL Christians with the same brush......

2 comments:

GrammyM said...

When you get your brush out think of me!!!

b said...

Maybe we'll start exporting hate to developing nations... like we once exported tobacco?