Saturday, January 15, 2011

white out


I do not think the temperature has risen above 20 the last couple of days, with lots snow and wind. The dead of Winter the weather man called it... seems a little early for that, but it has been .... dreary.
Neil and I have been in a white out of movie watching, curtains drawn, dark room, getting ready for tomorrow nights Golden Globes. Time has sort of lost all meaning... I won't do posters, because imdb gets mad when you take them.

THE FIGHTER
  • Well, we had a bad copy of the movie, that sort of skipped some at the very end, but that is really ok, cause you have seen this movie before, just with out Marky Mark and a crack addict Batman. I am endlessly fascinated with the endless fascination of Hollywood with poor people. A Lion Country Safari for the SoCal set. This time it is set in Lowell, Mass. If your own life is not real and gritty enough, and you enjoy real and gritty boxing movies, this one is for you.. ( Kyle likes pretty )
INCEPTION
  • ummmmm... what? Dreams with in dreams within dreams within.... something. I was fine till the snow thing, what was that all about?? Well done.. sort of non Matrixy thing. Lots of let art flowing, but I did enjoy it, Neil liked it more than me. Good pop corn flick.....Hots for Tom Hardy.
RABBIT HOLE
  • To me, the best of the three, but be for warned, it's not an easy one to watch, I mean other than wanted desperately to see the genetic perfection  of the offspring of Nicole Kidman and Aaron Eckhart . When bad things happen to good ,very pretty people.... and then the sun comes up. I knew the story because Cynthia Nixon led an all star cast to a Tony Award in 2007 for this character, and some of Kidman's lines sound very Nixonion. Be in a good place if you chose to watch this one....
So, tomorrow , major plans to leave our own rabbit hole and head over to the Gandells for the Red Carpet and what ever silly awards they want to hand out afterwards...

No comments: