Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Oh, yeah, and there was a speech too....

President and Mrs. Obama arrive from the White house. Michelle in a " putty " colored Rachel Roy sheath.
 After the First Lady chose to wear a British designer's dress to the most recent State Dinner, none other than Mr. Oscar de la Renta had a mild going off, chastising Mrs.Obama for wearing non American designers ( hello! Jason Wu, Thankoon? she put those two American Designers on the map and loves her some M.Kors )
It is a very simple dress, but I do like the color on her... at first , as she was taking her seat, Neil nor I  cared for it," just too simple, and somewhat of an odd fit" but it is photographing well. I guess most any necklace would have clashed with the Gabby ribbon. I sort of love it in this picture.
SO, look at what she chose to accessorize with ! These fantastic Lucite bangles

1 comment:

b said...

I love that dress. But that winter white skirt above? Just not appropriate. At all.