Sunday, January 2, 2011

My favorite party of the year!!!!

Men about Georgia, we woke up in John's Creek, drove to Winder, back to D'woody, then to scenic East Cobb for the always over the top WONDERFUL, Day-Lawson New Years Day Extravaganza. True to form as of late, I did not take enough photos, and a lot of the ones I did take did not come out!  Just hate the fact I did not take more, was either in Dan's world, lost in football or upstairs chatting with folks I love dearly and do not get to see enough of!

 Koda in Dan's World. No pic of his little pal Cubby the Wonder Dog, or the WONDERFUL stocking that Beth made for him all full of doggie treats and toys !
 One of the many snack trays around the house! No pic of Elizabeth's best ever in the history of the world Christmas cheese straws.
 Lyta prepping Brussels Sprouts after peeling all those tiny tiny onions. She , Beth and Jennifer work for days on this meal. No pics of the other two cooks ! All in Beth's kitchen that is being ripped out and made anew starting in like two days.....

THE MAIN EVENT


  •  Ham
  • Mary-Wallace's Ravishing Rice, a tie for my favorite thing on the buffet!
  • very good , spicy, crunchy topped sweet potatoes


  •  a great big spinach black eyed pea salad, that you can not see
  • cole slaw ( not sure who brought that )
  • Brussels sprouts with pearl onions
  • damn good spinach casserole!
  • the other one of my favorites, Beth's eggplant and clam thing. Yes, eggplant and clam, I will get the recipe asap , really so so good!
  • mac and cheese
  • stewed tomatoes and okra
  • my two greens, the smokey meaty collards and the very flavorful vegan mustard/turnip greens
  • plain white rice
  • Lucky Black Eyed Peas!
  • home made rolls and two kinds of cornbread not seen....


 Plate full of happy!

Desserts

 Were just stationed all around, 
 Pies, cakes, cookies....
 Jennifer's delicious little flans!
and a green jello brain with gummy worms....

again, it is just a shame I did not get more photos of people and such, but was too busy either non stop talking OR eating. Just LOVE starting out my New Year here. I say all the time , mostly in jest about my own food that " It's the love you are tasting", Dahn even had me a wonderful tray made up with that saying on it, but in this case, every year, with this meal, it really is! 

1 comment:

b said...

Honey, in this meal, it's the butter you're tasting.

The collards were dee-lish, and I love the mustard-turnips in a whole other vegan-sibling sort of way.

I posted this for you last year, but here's the eggplant thing: http://bday321.files.wordpress.com/2011/01/funky-tastin_stuff.pdf

Jaffner's flans were works of art on those little plates, weren't they?

Wonderful seeing you and Neil. Your blog helps, but I still miss you after all these years.