Sunday, January 23, 2011

Hazy Shade of Winter

 9:30... still a long way to go till morning, 
and Koda has to have one more walk!
 I made this soup last night for the annual meeting at St. John's this morning, and it turned out really well, I should have paid more attention to what I was doing. It started out as a corn and chicken chowder, but I ended up not liking the recipe, so I didn't use the corn at all, instead more peppers, and a can of the ever-at-the-ready, rotel. I think this is the first milk based soup I have ever made, that was not clam chowder ( that I made at CC, back in the day..). I stated out with a lot of onions, and let them go all caramely cooking them a good 20 min on low before adding carrots, red pepper and garlic.... lots of thyme. It really was very good, if I do say so myself.
always with the sweets


 A furry Dahn, who was followed by school of remora like children looking to pet her coat.
just a nasty cold day, lots of blowing snow, an INSIDE day for sure...

No comments: