An Early July Wedding
Honeoye Falls, New York
How to insure a blazing hot day in the Finger Lakes of Upstate, New York ? Have Kyle cater a wedding at St. John's.
Core k+b reader , S. Lovell I'm sure has painful memories of the infamous Rice-King wedding and that heat. All in all it was a lovely day, and the Bride was happy and satisfied , which is all that matters.
A little bit of a strange wedding, or at least reception. I was given NO guidelines or suggestions , not even a budget. The most laid back Bride in the history of time. The B&G did get a slight reading about hanging out together pre nups, but they were most nontraditional, so...
My good pal Jennifer came on board to help me out with this one, when the guest list grew from like 35 to 100ish. ( No where neat that many showed. ) Jennifer used to own a restaurant there in HF and knew some other folks that could help. It took a village to get this reception going.
Just Click on the photo to
see slide show large.
The kick off idea for the reception was a morning tea, so I went with a cool Summer menu. Salads , salads and more salads.
- chicken salad with vidalia onions, apples and crasins. I roasted 10 whole chickens on Friday, it was, and still is good .
- basic tuna salad.. people ate A LOT of it.
- antipasto pasta salad , really, open and dump. Art hearts, marinated mushrooms, roasted red peppers,tinned olives, I usually add cheese, but I wanted to keep it lactose free in case someone wanted that, it was on the side. Then just poured on a large bottle of " brushetta Italian dressing" . Let it sit over night, so darn good!
- Fresh steamed veggies... broccoli and carrots to start off , added some haricots verts. Note to self : don't bother with complicated dishes, people love and eat up, just steamed veggies...
- baked potato salad zzzzzzzz.....
- roasted beet with grapefruit over baby arugula w/ goat cheese and roasted garlic, in a lemon vinaigrette. Off the chats good, and people ate a lot of it.
- ice cold old fashion 1950's housewife carrot salad. Carrots, pineapple tid-bits, raisins, in a honey mayo dressing. Surprisingly good!
A lot of work, many many thanks for the help from so many people. Everyone seemed to have a good time. I got many many compliments, which for small town yankees is very strange.