Tuesday, July 5, 2011

A Finger Lakes Fourth...

[ Ok, so it was really much more of A Canal Fourth, but I like the alliteration .]


The Fourth of July came to Fairport, New York with PERFECT weather in Dahn and David's back yard. Many thanks to them for hosting such a fun party!
 Games were played!
 I made these yummy rib-lettes as a snack.
They were gobbled up.
 This is Miss Cleo, a 5 month old Pug.
She was the belle of the ball.






 Nothing screams I  America like a Pavlova.
 This was my first attempt at making this dessert, after long wanting too. I had a  lot of berries left over from the wedding and did not want to do a standard short cake. When I am baking something for the first time, I like to go with an Alton Brown recipe , because for the most part, they are fool proof. So, with the basics down, the next time I make this, and it was a big hit, so I will be making it again, I will go with Ina's recipe, which is thicker.

Our Arsenal
 Koda did not like the loud noises as the exploding this started
 Our new pal Jeff wore a Captain Hammer t-shirt.

Was it wrong to drink Canadian beer on the 4th of July ?


Dahn and David put out a lovely spread of traditional 4th of July fare, but I had already gone fully liquid diet, and did not get photos, but it was lovely.


1 comment:

GrammyM said...

Thanks for the 4th report. The fireworks reminded me of my special display from Pomp when I broke my foot. You are still the best!!! Who does Ms. Pug belong to or is her name Ms. Cleo?