Sunday, September 11, 2011

black like me

 Finished off the BUSY weekend with a little dinner party over at our  good pal RJ's house in Rochester.
 Queenie the Boston
 Neil and Terry who is RJ's ex and is getting married on a boat off Cape Cod on Wednesday and moving to Key West.
 Lovely dinner, they did like a roast beef, like a eye of round sort of roast on the grill, and it was very good.
 Now here is the thing, RJ is deaf. Terry was the only hearing person out of the eight folks that were there, other than Neil and myself, and he was not really around that much, cause he is leaving town in the morning to get married and move to Key West. My ASL is .. nonexistent rusty, and even if I could remember any of it, when deaf people sign among themselves it is super fast and super short hand... so A LOT of conversation was going on, and I had not a clue.
and there was pie. Chocolate pie.

No comments: