Wednesday, September 7, 2011

R.E.M. - 1981 soundcheck (audio)



From Beth on the facebook. Wow, total time machine. NOT that I would ever in a billion years be on that bandwagon of EARLY ( pre CHRONIC TOWN even pre hib tone single ) R.E.M.fans.  I was at Tyrone's many times, not that I really remember why, it was a dive of a tiny bar, I am guessing they would serve Winder Barrow High School boys beer. That always used to crack me up , that post burning down, EVERYONE you met saw REM there many times, you know, the guys that were in the Church as well.

I've told this story many times on here, but the first time I saw them was at the B&L Warehouse/ Buckhead Beach I & I club in Athens, and did not really care. Not till I heard Wolves, Lower on WUOG did I become the obsessed person that I am now. That was 1982.

All that aside, this is just a JOY to listen too!

No comments: