Wednesday, August 20, 2014

My Dinner at Pompanuck

Tuesday Night
( I think - with out media my days are all Sundays )

One of my favorite things about visiting Pompanuck - really one of my favorite things in the world is just walking out the kitchen door, into the garden and then deciding what is for dinner. Beets are popping out of the ground, plenty of kale ready, and these broccoli rabe leaves will be very interesting as part of some mixed greens. Tomatoes , unlike Mendon, are all but falling off the many vines ripe.....

so much room to cook in their kitchen
simple and well picked over pre game snacks
pre game dark and stormy
Dahn enjoying a deviled egg while looking at her phone
( which has no internet )
RED SALAD

  • just picked tomatoes
  • the still dirt warm to roasted beets
  • roasted red pepper
  • red onion 
  • rocket

Proper Lemon Risotto
Grilled Chicken 
marinated in a LOT of freshly picked thyme

Beet Greens
Kale
Broccoli Rabe Greens


Dinner
There are many other people here than Neil and Dahn
and yet that is all I ever seem to take pics of ....


Tiny Pies

I know I am in sort of a rut with these, but they are so easy to make, people really love them and I am just not a baker - when two wonderful professional bakers just left the farm this morning, so I did the best I could. 

No comments: