Saturday, April 26, 2008

weekend movie round - up

Friday: Dahn and I went to see BABY MAMA. Exactly what you would expect, and I like that in a movie. Silly, but some very funny parts. Who knew that Tina Fey had such a nice figure! and anytime you get to look at Greg Kinnear , its a good time!   B-
  Friday Night: Neil and I watched THE KITE RUNNER. I guess its sort of like "The Da Vinci Code" in so much as half  the planet read the book. I thought it would have been sort of hard to keep up with the movie, if you had not read the book, which Neil had not , and he liked it more than I did. The young boys were very good, very believable. It is funny seeing a movie that personal, because Khaled Hosseni forms such  clear mental pictures in the book that you almost want to say " thats not what it looked like.." Thought the movie ending was better than the book ending. B
Tonight: We watched THERE WILL BE BLOOD. Yes, Daniel Day-Lewis was amazing, but I just didn't get it. Was it just a character study? And if it was, didn't we need a little bit of background as to why he was the way he was? I did like the way the film looked, very "new" sort of lighting. But over all a C-

No comments: